Sunday, October 30, 2011
Monday, October 17, 2011
Most middle children have the following personality traits: They are fairly flexible. They have grown up needing to be flexible. They tend to be sensitive. Most middle children have a lot of practice at being thoughtful. They are usually in some sort of struggle with their siblings, which helps them learn the skills of diplomacy. They are often rebellious.
The middle child tends to be overlooked by the parents. No matter how hard parents try, they usually end up giving less attention to the middle child. The middle child usually has to share the attention. This means that they often act out in order to get noticed. They tend to be attention seeking. This goes back to the same reasons as before. They are used to being the one who is overlooked somehow, so they often seek attention, often in negative ways.They are usually competitive. Being a middle child typically requires fighting for the spotlight, etc. They typically have to share things like vehicles, wear handed down clothes, etc. This often results in the fostering of a competitive nature.
They are also often peacemakers. Middle children are typically peacemakers by nature. They have to be because they have someone on either side of them.Middle children need lots of reassurance that they are important the first and last child. Some ways to avoid the negative aspects of a middle child personality is just insuring they are confident and secure in your love for them.
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Keeping in touch with your kids is very important especially when they are out for some activities during summer. And the only way to stay in touch with them even if they are away is through cell phone. For parents it is really an additional expense to their budget, but it is a good way to monitor their children. So if you are looking for a low cost phone for your kids then Tracfone is the answer to your needs. With the use of Tracfone, you don’t need to worry about your expenses because they offer the least expensive way to own and use. You don’t have obligation to think of because there are no contracts, no credit checks, no activation charges or cancellation fees.
Real TracFone customers will enjoy the great nationwide coverage, excellent reception and connectivity and So many features of their phone. For their monthly plans, you just have to pay as you go online or with cards available at retail stores all across the country. You can have 1 year service cards, receive double minutes for the life of your Tracfone, 800 minutes and you just have to pay $119.00. You can just imagine how much you can save from using Tracfone. They also offer other phone plans. They have monthly plan with 200 minutes for only $30.00 and as low as $9.99 for 50 minutes. Real TracFone customers can choose from among the plans that suit their budget.
You can also use your Tracfone to call long distance for the same price as any other call. You can call over 60 international destinations at no extra cost. Great savings isn’t it? You will really enjoy the So many features they offer sine with their international neighbors program you can give to your family and friends in Mexico and Canada a local phone number in those countries to reach you at your Tracfone in the US. Really amazing! What are you waiting for? Get your Tracfone plan now and enjoy great savings of your cell phone bills. For more information about Tracfone, please check out this videos.
Posted by rdanielle at 4:01 PM
Friday, September 30, 2011
Discipline is not only good for children but it is necessary for their happiness and well-being. It is a vital healthy child development. Without discipline, children lack the tools necessary to navigate relationships and challenges in life such as self-discipline, respect for others, and the ability to cooperate with peers.
There are some parents that they don’t want to discipline or may be hesitant to discipline their children because they want to avoid conflict or they don’t want to have their children got angry with them. Others may be unable or unwilling to devote time to discipline their children because of busy works. And for others may have experience unpleasant memories of being disciplined when they were young and they want to make things easier on their own kids by giving them a relaxing rules and more freedom.
But the fact is discipline is not about creating conflict with children. Discipline when done correctly is not about trying to control your child but it is about showing her how to control her own behavior. It is not about punishing for doing something wrong but about setting clear parameters and consequences for breaking some rules. In that case she will learn how to discipline herself. A child who is taught about right from wrong and has a solid knowledge of what is negative and positive behavior will know when she has done something wrong. She will want to behave correctly out of a desire to be a good member of her family and society not because she fears punishment.
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
1. Under-Challenged - Intelligent students who don’t need a lot of instruction to master a skill or start out ahead of the rest of the class often complain of being bored at school. What they’re really telling is they are not being challenged by the work in the classroom. Under-challenged students are typically very capable and very smart but surprisingly these children don’t always present that way. They become sloppy in their work, don’t even study but still they get good grades.
2. Under-Motivated -Under-motivated students also complain of being bored in school, but not because they already know what’s being taught. This complaint is different. Often “school is boring” is paired with “that’s why I don’t do the work” or “that’s why I don’t pay attention.” An under-motivated child is not the same as a lazy child. Cases like the lack of motivation is tied in to a feeling that what he’s learning isn’t personally important, that the learning process has no meaning for him and his life. For other children it could be the sign of an underlying issue, like childhood depression, ADHD, or other learning disability.
3. Under-Connected - Children who have trouble connecting with their peers and/or their teacher may be bored in school because they feel lonely. If your child hasn’t built a comfortable relationship with anyone in his classroom, he may feel as he has nowhere to turn to when he needs help. What he needs is the sense of belongingness.
4. Under-Skilled - Not all students are gifted with the skills that they need to become successful in the classroom. The bottom line is that if a child is saying he’s bored because he doesn’t know how to study for the tests, create plans or paragraphs but what he really means is “I don’t know how to do this, so I don’t even want to try.”
Your children maybe experiencing getting bored at school but before jumping a conclusions you should discover what your child is really telling you. They may have other problems at school. That's why communication is very important between parent and children.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
According to Isaac Romano, author of parentlearningclub.com said that “hitting is stress related and does not mean he is bad, but he needs to have his hitting interrupted”. Being bigger than him extend your “lovingly” support by putting a hand up and interrupt his hitting. Give him support by listening to his crying and tantrums. This will help him unloads the heavy feelings and stress inside of him. The important role is to stay relaxed, attentive and loving while listening to his crying and giving your support.
Once again, there is no need to be angered by these outbursts, but he does need you to set a limit, while staying warm, relaxed and “counselor like,” in your way with him.
Sunday, August 28, 2011
They also offer Straight Talk International Long Distance Service which is a flexible prepaid calling service that allows you to make international calls from your home, cell or office phone at a very low rate.
Straight Talk also deals with reconditioned phones available at $10 with the following features; camera, mp3 player, mobile web access and blue-tooth facility. They also have amazing smart phones like touch screen phones, application phones with voice navigation, camera, video recorder, music player, instant messaging and blue-tooth.
So if want somebody to help you decide you can ask your mom because mom knows best. Just like Straight Talk knows everything you need. So get Hook, line and sinker
Posted by rdanielle at 5:00 PM
Thursday, August 25, 2011
- Fill your child's world with reading. Establish a family reading ti}e '20 when everyone reads her own book. Show-20hov important reading is to you by filling your home with printed materials: novels, newspapers, even posters and place mats with words on them.
- Encourage him to express his opinion, talk about his feelings, and make choices. Listen to what your child is talking about and I’m sure you can get ideas out of it. Ask for his input on family decisions, and show that you value it.
- Show enthusiasm for your child's interests and encourage her to explore subjects that fascinate her. Discover what your child is interested to, and that will give you the idea on what reading materials you can offer. Challenge him to explore topics which will encourage him to open and read books.
- Provide him with play opportunities that support different kinds of learning styles — from listening and visual learning to sorting and sequencing. Supplies that encourage open-ended play, such as blocks, will develop your child’s creative expression and problem-solving skills as he builds. He will need lots of formless play time to explore them.
- Point out the new things you learn with enthusiasm. Discuss the different ways you find like new information, tips or new discovery you found in the internet or in the news.
- Ask about what he's learning in school, not about his grades or test scores. This is one way of helping him retain and remembering what he learned at school by letting him relay the lessons and discussions into his own words.
- Help your child organize her school papers and assignments so she feels in control of her work. If her task seems too be intimidating, and spend more time worrying than learning then take your turn to check in with her task regularly to make sure she's not feeling overfull.
- Celebrate achievements, no matter how small. If he/she achieves something big or small try to recognize it by giving him/her a treat. This will inspire him to keep learning and challenging himself.
- Focus on strengths, encouraging developing talents. Even if she was not able to at the top but excels in other field continue on developing his talents and give him materials to develop it more.
- Turn everyday events into learning opportunities. Encourage him to discover the world around him, by asking questions and making connections.
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Friday, July 8, 2011
Only P37,500 for a roundtrip fare from MNL to NY on #PilipinasBestBuys! Hurry now & book your dream flight at 50% OFF!
Posted by rdanielle at 12:10 AM
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Child discipline is about how to prevent behavioral problems so that punishment for misbehavior can be avoided. A helpful way about child discipline is to see it as way of teaching your child life lessons rather than as something you do to punish them for misbehaving. Showing your child what is appropriate behavior and providing the security that comes from loving but with firm boundaries and expectations will help them lay down the foundation for which they will grow to make a good choices for their life. So what is child discipline all about?
The important part of child discipline is showing them what good behavior is all about.
2. Setting Boundaries
Having house rules will make the child feel his importance to his parents. Lack of boundaries makes the child feel insecure, lost and unable to discipline themselves.
If a child is disciplined in a loving, positive and logical way for doing something wrong, he will learn to take his actions responsively. When the child fails to follow the house rules after being told several times, then a clear consequence must be imposed in a logical and appropriate way. In this way, the child will learn how to discipline himself and regulate his own actions.
4. Showing Respect
The way you speak to your child especially during handling matters of discipline will have an impact to how would you like your child to speak to you. Make sure to explain to him that what he did or said is unlikely, that you still love and respect him. Be sure to listen his opinions and give him time to express his feelings and then explain to him what is the correct behavior and why.
Consistency is a cornerstone of discipline for a reason. That is why if you set a rule one day and then change it the next day but suddenly punishes the child for doing so, it will lead to confusion to the child. You should be consistent to the rules being set, so that the child will know what to expect and what's expected to them.
Child discipline is not only dictating them on what to do but getting their opinion on what he thinks about the certain rules and consequences in the house. That is why it requires cooperation between you and your child. It will teaches the child the importance of having rules and will also help them understand why some rules exist and why they are beneficial for her.
Friday, July 1, 2011
Do you allow your kids to watch television before going to bed? According to a study published last June 27 stated that letting kids to watch television before bed will interfere their sleep. The Researcher asked the parents of pre-school children ages from 3 to 6 years old. Children who were allowed to watch children’s programming that contained violent scenes during the day increased sleep problems and watching TV after 7 pm was linked to sleep problems regardless of whether if it contained violent scenes.
The researchers remind the parents to be mindful of some children’s programming shows because some demonstrate actions not suitable for their age and contained violent scenes. Kids with TV’s in their owned rooms and kids who watched more programs with violent scenes are more likely to have sleep problems. So it is advisable not to put TV’s inside the room.
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Child discipline is teaching the child the correct way. Most parents mistakenly consider the following actions as the correct way of teaching discipline to the child. rather it will just make the situations more complicated.
Child discipline is not about:
1. Punishment- Setting boundaries and expectations for good behavior, you are laying down the foundation and giving your child tools to work toward self control and self regulation.. child discipline is not about punishing for bad behavior, rather it is about guiding the child toward a positive behavior. but it doesn't that bad behavior should be ignored. if he breaks the rules, there must be a clear and consistent consequences. The most important of imposing consequences can be a time out or loss of privileges or other repercussions. This can be the tools to correct bad behavior calmly rather than punish the child out of anger.
2. Expressing anger- Only few parents can say that they've never lost their temper in the midst of the situation when a child is being defiant. That is why it is very important to keep in mind to have a cool head when correcting child's bad behavior. being calm can help parents to better explain to a child why disciplinary action is being taken, on what exactly they are disappointed about, and what to do in the future to avoid making the same mistakes. And if parents explain the situations in a loving manner, the child will be able to understand that their behavior may have been wrong but their parents still love them.
3. Controlling- Setting restrictions does not mean not letting your child to make choices or giving him room to make mistakes. A child who is disciplined in a positive manner know that their opinions will be heard and that their parents respect them even when he doesn't agree with them. In this way he will gain self-confidence as he explore and grow, as even identifying the choices that will make him wrong or harmful and choices that are positive and healthy.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Summer is the most awaited time for everyone. It is the time for a long vacation. A time to be spent for bonding with the family and a time for relaxation. Speaking of relaxation, have you tried playing new no deposit bonus casino? If not, then it is your time to play. It is very convenient because it is played online. Today, there are lots of internet casino directories that you will come across as you browse the net but most of them are not online casinos no deposit bonuses, but with Casino Bonus Rating Guide, you can play any games without any deposit. It is a one stop shop for your casino games. It offers up to date information about free casino bonuses and no deposit promotions which will give you an ultimate and satisfying gaming sessions more enjoyable and at the same time aiming for big wins. They also provide rewarding types of casinos bonuses like free slot and a lot more with no deposit required. In other words, the site offers free cash while enjoying the game. It is really a perfect site for those who are still practicing to play online casinos since it is a risk free site.
Summer is still a fantastic time for everyone even if you don’t have enough budgets for outdoor activities like a vacation to some other places, going to the beach and others. But it can still be enjoyable and at the same time profitable by playing online casino games. That is why in the coming days where I am scheduled for a leave I will visit again Casino Bonus Rating Guide and by this time I will be playing some of their free casino games. I already played casino when I was invited by my friend outdoor, and by this time I will try playing casino through online and I will compare which is more enjoyable of the two. Good luck to me. Have a great summer everyone!
Friday, May 6, 2011
And went unsteadily across the floor.
You pushed and prodded: encouraged and guided,
Until our steps took us out the door...
You worry now "Are they ok?"
Is there more you could have done?
As we walk the paths of our unknown
You wonder "Where have my children gone?"
Where we are is where you have led us,
With your special love you showed us a way,
To believe in ourselves and the decisions we make.
Taking on the challenge of life day-to-day.
And where we go you can be sure,
In spirit you shall never be alone.
For where you are is what matters most to us,
Because to us that will always be home...
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
If your child comes to you and open up his problem, you need to pay close attention to the problem. Remember “do not ignore it”. Too often parents feel that children need to “work things out” on their own or solve the problem on their own, which is not suppose to be that way. While your child does need to develop his social skills by doing things independently, but being victimized by a bully is not a social need one needs to learn. As parents it is our obligation to know what is going about especially when the problems reach to the highest level and it greatly affects the child. Since, if the problem is ignored, your child’s self-esteem will become unhealthy, thus he will be hurt mentally, emotionally and worst thing to happen is he could become a bully himself.
Here are five steps you can take if your child is having problems with a bully:
- Believe what your child tells you. This is an important first step and will help your child trust that you are able to help him with his problem. Accept what he has to say by using your active listening skills.
- Let your child know that he is not alone. Most children have to deal with some type of bullying behavior at one time or another. Reassure your child that he is not the problem. Nothing he did caused the bully to go after him.
- If your child is being threatened in a physical or illegal way at school, report the problem. Your child may not want you to do this, or the school may not take it seriously, but violence cannot be tolerated. If you choose not to do anything, that is what you’re teaching your child. You will need to model assertive behavior by alerting those in charge where the bullying is taking place.
- Teach your child assertive behavior and how to ignore routine teasing. Let them know it is okay to say ‘No.’ Sometimes even friends bully, so letting your child know they can be true to their own feelings and say ‘no’ can go a long way.
- Encourage your child not to give in to a bully. Giving up possessions or giving into a bully in anyway encourages the bully to continue. Identify ways for your child to respond to a bully - showing assertive but not aggressive behavior - and role-play them.
- If your child is not involved in social groups, help him find some that he will enjoy and encourage him to become involved. The more social skills your child has, the easier it will be for him to stand up for himself.
- Children and teens who hang out in groups of 2 or more tend not to be picked on by bullies. Encourage friendships by allowing your teen to invite friends over or out for activities.
Monday, April 4, 2011
- Comes home with torn, damaged, or missing pieces of clothing, books, or other belongings
- Has unexplained cuts, bruises, and scratches
- Has few, if any friends, with whom he or she spends time
- Seems afraid of going to school, walking to and from school, riding the school bus, or taking part in organized activities with peers (such as clubs)
- Takes a long, “illogical” route when walking to or from school
- Has lost interest in school work or suddenly begins to do poorly in school
- Appears sad, moody, teary, or depressed when he or she comes home
- Complains frequently of headaches, stomachaches, or other physical ailments
- Has trouble sleeping or has frequent bad dreams
- Experiences a loss of appetite
- Appears anxious and/or suffers from low self-esteem
Saturday, March 19, 2011
According to Leah Ibañez-Yumul, an educator and child specialist, that some parents mistakenly associate positive reinforcement with bringing or giving material rewards. What is the difference between positive reinforcement vs. bribery? In bribery, you promise something bigger than the behavior you are expecting. You tend to negotiate or beg, or even trying to increase the value of the prize just to make it sure that the behavior you wish is being performed. In positive reinforcement, there are still rewards but in the form of verbal encouragement, small tokens or a reward given is commensurate to the positive behavior exhibited by the child. Material rewards need not be expensive; it can be their favorite cartoon character stickers, erasers and many other small things. Rewards can be also non-material, and it is highly recommended such as a hug, a wink, a kiss and a compliment for a job well done.
Friday, March 18, 2011
How do you discipline your child? What is your discipline style? Most parents admitted that they spank their child at least once for uncontrolled behavior. In behavioral studies, there are three approaches to bring out a desired behavior which can be found in parents’ discipline styles. These are the positive reinforcement, negative reinforcement, and punishment.
Positive reinforcement entails by providing an evident like reward or praise which increases the possibility of the desired behavior being repeated. For negative reinforcement a desired behavior is drawn out through elimination of an adverse event. For example, the child learns to wake up early for school because getting caught from traffic makes him queasy. While for punishment, which often confused with negative reinforcement, involves an adverse event to decrease or stop a negative behavior. According to child experts, among the three discipline styles, positive reinforcement is the best way to draw out positive behavior in children and even keep negative behavior in check.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Friday, March 4, 2011
- Take care of your body. Eat, sleep and exercise. These are the very important activity that you should follow. If your body is fatigued, you cannot be able to avoid from burning out and piling on stress no matter what you try.
- Build a support system. Count on the people around you either your spouse, parents, helpers whom you can call and talk with. Give your trust to them that they will be there to help your need.
- Learn to communicate with your teen. It is a good stress releasing if you have an open communications with your teen or anybody in the family. It lessens the burden that you feel at the moment.
- Take some me-time on a regular basis. Set a schedule even though you don’t feel stressed as preventing it is your mean goal.
- Mange your parental expectations and guilt. Nobody is perfect in this world, so do not expect that you can be everything to your kids and don’t expect him to be the same this might result to frustrations and failure. Then you’ll have to deal with guilt feeling.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
If we are stressed out after a long day work from the office, sometimes we can affect some of the family members especially the children. According to some study, more than 2,000 children and adults, 90% of kids say that they know when their parents are stressed because they see them arguing and complaining or their parents won’t mind them which resulted them to felt sad, worried and frustrated. The survey reported that 70% of parents say their own anxiety affects their children. Given those economic pressures along the way, how can parents address the effects of their stress on their children? Below are some of the tips to minimize the effects of stress.
1. Acknowledge it. Don’t underestimate how tension influences the children because children will knew if you are stressed out.
2. Watch yourself. You have to check how you react during anxiety. The children will get the negative vibes from you and it puts pressure on them. Anxiety can make them nervous which could harm their health and behavior.
3. Teach your kids. Children will look up on what you do, so manage your stress by using healthy activities, such as listening to music or exercising just to calm your nerves.
4. Play. According to research that play is an important way to take away stressed. It promotes bonding between parents and children.
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Every parent wants their kids to be of good health always. While it’s not possible to shield them completely from catching cold and flu especially if they are already schooling, the best that parents should do is to teach them healthy health habits to boost their immune systems and decrease the chance of getting infected. There are few tips to follow which somehow prevent kids from getting sick.
Friday, February 18, 2011
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Did you know that eating foods with high fat, sugar and processed foods at an early age may lower kid’s IQs? A new study from the University of Bristol in Great Britain. On the other hand, eating healthy foods such as salads, fish, and fruit can somehow increase the IQ.
There are research conducted to determine how kid’s diet can influence the cognitive development and the result shows that there is a correlation. That it makes a certain sense of relationship between what they eat. In conclusion, that our bodies are not independent from our brains. It goes that if we eat healthy and nutritious foods, the benefits can be seen not only in our bodies but in our minds as well.
So, whenever you buy for soda, or chips at the grocery store, always bear in mind that junk foods might be harmful to your family’s physical and cognitive health.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
One of my favorite foods to eat with my friends and family is pizza. I really love to eat this food. So when there’s pizza there must be sauce on top of it. Talking about sauce I choose no other than TABASCO® Original Red sauce.
It is really yummy when your pizza is saucy and so much more than hot. And who could give that hot and saucy flavor than the Tabasco original red. It enhances the flavor of the pizza. The taste was so inviting which tempted me to eat a lot more. One time I fried some eggs for breakfast and tried squeezing some TABASCO® Original Red. Guess what! The ordinary fried eggs were so delicious and I savor the taste up to the last piece in the plate. That’s how Tabasco Original Red enhances the taste of an ordinary food. I cannot resist to every bite because of the sizzling effect of the sauce not just the hot but the invigorating taste that anybody could taste it will crave for more.
Pizza is not delicious to eat without Tabasco Original Red. So if you want to have a perfect pizza experiences try to visit Pizza Perfected site wherein you can choose variety of pizza flavors.
On the other hand, if you’re planning for a party at home you can check or visit their Game-Day Party Menu . You can find different simple recipes and great new ideas in enhancing the taste of every food using Tabasco brand products.
Posted by rdanielle at 1:00 PM
Mothers are so particular when it comes to the health of their child. It takes an experimentation of everything or follow some advises from friends and relatives. I remembered when I had my first baby, of course being a first time Mom I was so worried especially when my baby has diaper rashes which were common to them especially when they were always wet and if the weather was so hot. I don’t know what to do. One day while watching on Oprah Show, that was during a commercial break when I saw about a solution for diaper rashes. That’s how I found Boudreaux's Butt Paste. So I immediately bought one for my baby. When I applied it to my baby’s butt, she was able to sleep and feel comfortable. I could say that it was really very effective in treating diaper rashes and irritated skin. It contains 16% Zinc Oxide, Peruvian Balsam and skin protectant which gives a pleasant scent and soothing effect to the skin. That is why it is safe to use since it is highly recommended by pediatrician and specifically formulated by a pharmacist. Boudreaux's Butt Paste is conveniently available in flip top cap, 1oz, 2oz, 3oz and 4oz and handy travel size.
They have good news to everybody, they offer free sample of Boudreaux's Butt Paste. Just send a 6x9 self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Boudreaux’s Butt Paste, 1600 Brian Drive, Columbus, IN 47201. Hurry and give your baby a pampering effect of Boudreaux’s Butt Paste.
Posted by rdanielle at 7:01 AM
Friday, February 11, 2011
I love you really a lot.
In my life that’s full of many good things,
You’re the very best thing I’ve got!
I’m the luckiest kid anywhere;
You’re the sweetest, greatest, best mom around
And I want you to know I care!
Monday, February 7, 2011
Posted by rdanielle at 6:26 PM
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Monday, January 24, 2011
Scrub uniforms are not available in the market. If ever there are stores displaying ready to wear scrubs, but it’s not that durable and does not firmly fit to your body. That is why it is advisable to have your scrubs sewed to a certain Tailoring Shoppe. So if you are looking where to buy or order scrub uniforms, nursing uniform, lab coats and other accessories then, blue sky scrubs is definitely the answer to your needs. Blue sky Scrubs was owned and created by Shelby Marquardt who was an anesthesiologist at Herman Hospital in Houston Texas. She created the first Blue Sky Scrub product which was the scrub hats. It was created out of her observation inside the operating room wherein she was disappointed to saw herself and other staff looked unpleasant. At first, her version of scrub hats was for her own used but then her co-workers noticed it and began to like and screamed for their own. So she accepted their orders and began sewing every weekend. she kept on improving the and developing new designs of scrubs and accessories where it became popular around the world. Blue Sky Scrubs offer lot of fashionable, colorful and elegant nursing scrubs.
You are surely guaranteed of the durability and quality of their products wherein they are made from the finest and top quality fabrics. As a matter of fact they have expanded their line of products by producing accessories like hats, jackets and women scrubs and men scrubs. They offer free shipping on orders amounting to $155 or more outside United States. They can be reached through this line 888.302.5837 and they also have customer service crew to assist your inquiries online. So if you want to feel good, look beautiful, have your scrub uniforms sewed at Blue Sky Scrubs.
Friday, January 21, 2011
Empathy is sometimes mistakenly believe as something that is naturally inherited when we are born but the fact is that it is a skill that can be taught. There are some ways parents can try teaching empathy and boost their emotional intelligence.
1. Make sure your child’s own emotional needs are met. Before a child can express empathy to somebody it is a must that his own emotional needs are first met. That emotional support comes from his parents and other people.
2. Teach your child how to cope with negative emotions. It’s a normal feeling for kids and even adults to experience negative emotions such as anger and jealousy. But for a child who is taught on handling these feelings in a positive way by sympathetic parents likely to have strong emotional intelligence and empathy.
3. Ask, “How would you feel?” Kids are geared toward empathy. Even a child who sees someone who is in emotional distress is likely to show sympathy by trying to comfort the person. At the same time they are also self-centered beings so if they committed a mistake by hurting somebody either their brother or sister or friend, as parents you need to explain that such behavior can hurt the person emotionally and physically. Try asking him the questions like, “How would you feel if they will do the same to you?” It will him realize his mistakes.
4. Name that feeling. To help the child understand emotions and feelings, identify and label them as possible. If he behaves in a positive way to other people then say to him that it was very nice to do good things.
5. Talk about positive and negative behaviors around you. Children and adult are constantly exposed to examples of good and bad behavior in real life, TV and movies. Talk with your child about the behavior. Discuss to them the different types of behavior and their effects to other people.
6. Set a good example. The child learns how to interact with other people by watching you and other adults he saw. Show to him what it means to be a kind person in that way you will be teaching him how to be an empathetic person.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011