October is devoted to the Blessed Mother for the Holy Rosary. During this month all students of Catholic Schools spare thirty minutes everyday to pray the rosary. My daughter who is in kindergarten and is schooling in one of the catholic schools in our place knows how to pray the rosary. I was so amazed that at her young age she can already memorize the prayers of the rosary. Below are the steps or guide in praying the rosary.
- While holding the crucifix, make the sign of the cross and then recite the Apostles Creed.
- Recite the Our Father on the first large bead.
- Recite the Hail Mary on each of the first three beads.
- Recite Glory Be to the Father on the next large bead.
- Recite the Fatima Prayer “O My Jesus” on the large bead.
- Recall the first Rosary Mystery and recite Our Father on the large bead.
- Recite Hail Mary on each of the ten beads.
- On the next large beads recite the Glory Be to the Father, Fatima Prayer then each succeeding decade of the rosary, reciting the Our Fathers, Hail Marys, Glory Be to the Father and the Fatima Prayer.
- After completing the five mysteries, the Rosary is concluded with the Hail Holy Queen Prayer and sign of the cross.